Starting May 20, 2020, the Rocky Point Boat Launch will be open to all boaters, regardless of residency, by reservation only. Restrictions and physical distancing measures remain in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The City re-opened the boat launch to Port Moody residents and current annual pass holders only on April 19, 2020 after closing it temporarily on April 9, 2020.
Boaters who wish to book a launch time are asked to do the following:
- call 604-469-4556 between 8am and 4pm (seven days a week) to request a reservation;
- have your licence plate number on hand;
- have your credit card ready to pay the daily fee of $22.16 plus a reservation fee (please note starting May 20, 2020, all boaters including current annual pass holders will be required to pay a reservation fee while the reservation system remains in place – $10 for Port Moody residents or $25 for boaters who live outside the city);
- check your email for your reservation confirmation and further instructions; and
- when you arrive at the boat launch at your allotted time, show your reservation confirmation through your closed driver’s side window to the City staff person on site and then place it where it can be seen on your dashboard.
The Rocky Point Boat Launch is open to boaters with reserved launch times daily from 8:15am to 7:45pm until further notice. Bookings will be accepted up to two weeks in advance. Annual boat launch passes are not available for purchase at this time.
Restrictions and physical distancing measures include:
- staggered launch times, available by reservation only, to allow for a maximum of two boats to be launched at a time;
- daily restrictions on the number of boats that can be launched, with a maximum of 30 boats per day and a maximum of 30 spaces available for trailer parking;
- two lanes open on the boat ramp instead of three to create more distance between people as they prepare to launch; and
- implementation of a traffic management plan to reduce traffic congestion in and around the boat launch, trailer parking lot, and Esplanade Avenue.
The City is continuously monitoring information about COVID-19 coming from public health authorities, and makes decisions about City services and facilities with the health and safety of its residents in mind. Visit portmoody.ca/covid19 to stay up-to-date on impacts to City services.